Manicure, Pedicure Services, Spray Tan & Waxing
Sit back and relax.
- Pamper Me Mani – Melt away the tension from your tired hands with a hydrating massage and hand mask, polished off with the color of your choice.
- Indulge Me Mani – We will make your hands feel rejuvenated and smooth.
- Please Me Mani- Reward yourself with a Please Me Mani for any occasion.
- Simply Mani
- Men Sports Manicure
- Manicure & Pedicure Spa Packages!
- Nail Enhancement & Nail Art
- Additional Services
- Children’s Services
- Pamper Me Pedi – Relax while your feet are soaked in a warm whirlpool bath and your nails and cuticles trimmed and buffed. Your feet will be exfoliated and massaged, then finished off with a polish of your choice.
- Indulge Me Pedi – Indulge while we tender to your cuticles and shape your nails followed by a polish.
- Please Me Pedi Rest your feet while we make them look fantastic and sandal-ready. We aim to please!
- Simply Pedi –Treat yourself and feel great with our Simply Pedi.
- Men’s Sports Pedicure- Let us reenergize your tired feet, while you sit back in our massage chair pedi throne.
- Sit back and relax in our luxury nail salon.
All About Spray Tanning – Everything You Need to Know About Spray Tanning
Spray tanning goes by many names. You may have heard “sunless tanning” or “UV-free tanning” or even “self tanning”. All of these refer to a beautiful tan that comes from spray applied to your skin. There are many different types of sprays available; some are carotene-based, others are tyrosine-based, but most are DHA-based.
DHA is short for dihydroxyacetone, which you may remember learning about in school. It is absolutely safe when applied to the skin, as it is not a paint, dye or stain. And if you have any doubts, it is 100% approved by the FDA for cosmetic use. The way it works is quite ingenious: DHA combines with the amino acids in the outer, dead layer of your skin, causing a browning effect. This does not require any UV radiation so you stay healthy and safe. Keep in mind that DHA also does not affect the pigmentation of your skin. Therefore, it will not protect you from the sun’s harmful rays – you should still wear sunscreen!
So how much of a tan will spray tanning give you? That depends completely on you! First of all, different skin types respond in different ways to spray tanning. Some naturally become darker, while others less so. You will quickly discover your ideal balance. Of course, we’ll help you along the way – the VersaSpa bronzer at Park Slope Tanning has three settings for skin tan shade (see video here) so you can choose your favourite!
Many people wonder how long the spray tan will last. This also depends heavily on your skin type. Most tans will last 7 – 10 days after the first few tanning sessions. However, with more tanning sessions, your skin adapts and retains its beautiful tan for a longer period of time, extending for up to two weeks. A great tip: if you apply moisturizer to your skin every day, it will keep your skin from drying out and exfoliating too early, extending the lifespan of your tan.
Remember that you don’t want to shower, sweat or go for a swim right after your tanning session – wait at least 5 or 6 hours for best results.
About Waxing the Eyebrows
Waxing eyebrows is a longer-lasting method of brow shaping than tweezing or threading, but the biggest downside of this process is the pain. Rather than pulling out one stray hair at a time, nearly every hair is removed at once, a process that also strips the uppermost layer of skin cells and can be extremely painful. This is especially true for individuals unaccustomed to wax treatments.
On the other hand, the pain is temporary is easily soothed, and the results last far longer and stay smoother than with other hair removal methods.
Before waxing, it is important to review the different types of wax available and investigate their ingredients for potential allergic reactions. With the proper product, waxing can be easy, but it is also vital to use the proper method to avoid catastrophic results.